To live off campus is a good option, you should know the following pros and cons.
Positive things about living off campus : New Homes , washing machine and dishwasher , concierge , some with pool, some close to school , independence .
Negative things about living off campus : the prices are high , sociability is lower, the university environment is not live so close .
The most recommended housing near MIT are:
- 100 Memorial. 1 bedroom 1900-2700$. 2 bedroom 2700-3400$. 5 min walk. More information here.
- Third Square. 1 bedroom 2600-3400$. 2 bedroom 3.500-4.700$.5-10 min walk. More information here.
- Lofts at Kendall Square. 1 bedroom 2400-3400$. 2 bedroom 3200$. 10 min walk. More information here.
- Watermark East. 1 bedroom 3000-3600$. 2 bedroom 4000$. 5 mins walk. More information here.
- Watermark West. 1 bedroom 3000-4300$.2 bedroom 3700. 5 mins walk. More information here.
- University Park . More information here
- Boston. Aprox Rental 2400-4200$. Commute time 30-45 min by T, 45-60 min by car.
- Brookline. Aprox Rental 2500-6000$. Commute time 30-45 min by T, 15-20 min by car.
- Cambridge. Aprox Rental 2000-4500$. Commute time 15-30 min by T. More appartments in here.
- Alewife. Near Alewife T station you also can find this apartments Cambridge Park Apartments. The conection with MIT an Harvard is very good and the building has pool and a nice playroom for kids.